Notejoy takes the privacy and security of our customers seriously and offers full end-to-end encryption.
With end-to-end encryption, Notejoy ensures:
- All users use SSL to communicate with Notejoy's servers across all clients (web, desktop, and mobile)
- Data stored in Notejoy's databases is encrypted at rest using industry standard AES-256 encryption algorithm
- All data backups are also stored in an encrypted state
- All images and documents attached to notes are also encrypted at rest on our cloud storage provider using industry standard AES-256 encryption algorithm
- Encryption keys are stored independently from underlying encrypted data and files to further protect user data
An end-to-end encryption badge will be shown in the library overview so you can quickly ensure end-to-end encryption is enabled for all notes in that library. You'll find a gold lock badge in the header below the library name at the top of the library overview. Mousing over it will remind you this means that end-to-end encryption is enabled.
End-to-end encryption is available in Notejoy's Solo, Plus, and Premium plans.
To get started, upgrade your plan from Plan Settings. There you'll be able to select which team libraries you'd like to upgrade and you'll be automatically billed for team members of those libraries. Those team libraries will then be immediately encrypted. All upgraded team member's personal libraries will also be encrypted to ensure both individual and team data is always protected.