Today we are excited to announce that we have made our end-to-end encryption capability available in Notejoy's Solo and Plus plans, bringing this important privacy and security feature to all our paid customers.
With end-to-end encryption, Notejoy ensures:
- All users use SSL to communicate with Notejoy's servers across all clients (web, desktop, and mobile)
- Data stored in Notejoy's databases is encrypted at rest using industry standard AES-256 encryption algorithm
- All data backups are also stored in an encrypted state
- All images and documents attached to notes are also encrypted at rest on our cloud storage provider using industry standard AES-256 encryption algorithm
- Encryption keys are stored independently from underlying encrypted data and files to further protect user data
If you are already on Solo or Plus, there is nothing you have to do as we've already migrated all your content to now be encrypted. To verify, click on a team library in the sidebar and you'll see a gold lock icon shows up in the library overview, indicating that the library's content is fully encrypted. If you don't see the badge, it means you haven't marked the library as upgraded yet. Head over to Plan Settings and make sure to check off all of your libraries in the list of libraries.
If you haven't upgraded yet, now is a great time to check out our plans to see which one is the best fit for you.